Further Information

Australia Awards

Living in Perth

Child Care

  • Childcare services are available close to the University. Please be aware that costs can be expensive.

Students thinking of bringing their spouse and children to Australia should carefully consider financial, social, educational and cultural issues before making a decision.

You need to take into account housing arrangements, children’s education and your family’s ability to cope with language, social and cultural issues, before your dependents arrive in Australia.

We advise students to arrive in Australia on their own, to allow time to settle in and make preparations for their family’s arrival.

Various government policies apply to families accompanying students. Please see the Department of Education's Enrolment Policy for information. 

Students intending to bring their families must advise the University and should also familiarise themselves with the polices before making a decision. Please contact the Australian High Commission Office or Embassy in your home country for details.

Schooling for Dependents


Once the student has commenced their course, spouses of international students who are enrolled in an undergraduate degree or Graduate Diploma can work up to 40 hours per fortnight.

Spouses of postgraduate students (Masters, PhD) are permitted to work full-time.

Back to top