- Total duration of study selected upon commencement at UWA CELT (1 or more courses).
- Program of study. For example:
Language and Communication Essentials, English for Academic Purposes, IELTS Examination Preparation, Cambridge Examination Preparation, Academic English and Study Skills Bridging Course.
- 5-week period of study within a Course; 10-week period in the case of Cambridge English Courses.
- 10-week period of study within / or as part of the Bridging Course.
- UWA CELT operates on a dual timetable and reserves the right to allocate students to either morning or afternoon classes. UWA CELT reserves the right to change its timetables, course content and offerings and their delivery location where necessary.
- The fees quoted are valid from 1 January each year.
- Some courses require a prerequisite level of English language for entry.
- All students will be tested either prior or upon commencement of the course and placed in a class at the appropriate English language level.
- Any English level or placement test conducted prior to commencing at UWA CELT is indicative only and the results of your placement test and/or assessment upon commencement will take precedence.
Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
- OSHC is mandatory for all student visa holders for the entire period of the student visa. The fee is calculated by adding four weeks both before and after the period of enrolment.
- If another insurance provider (other than the UWA preferred supplier) is selected, UWA CELT is required to see evidence of purchase.
Personal Information and Address Details
- Personal information may be shared with the Australian Government and designated authorities and, if relevant, the Tuition Protection Service (TPS), and where authorised or required by law. This information may include personal contact details, course enrolment details and changes, and circumstances of any suspected breach by the student of a student visa condition.
- You must notify UWA CELT of your Australian address within seven days of arriving in Australia, and within seven days of any change of address.
Attendance and Progress
- UWA CELT requires that each student’s attendance rate is at least 80%. In accordance with Australian student visa regulations UWA CELT must keep accurate attendance records and academic reports. UWA CELT is required to report students with unsatisfactory attendance or academic progress to the Australian immigration authorities who may cancel their visas.
- Students must complete all classwork, assignments, activities and assessments in order to maintain satisfactory progress.
ESOS Act: Information for students
Information about student rights and responsibilities under the Australian Government ESOS Act 2000 and National Code 2018 is available on the CELT website
Payment Conditions and Refund Policy
- An enrolment is determined upon receipt of payment and includes all courses of study as offered and accepted by the student leading to their commencement at UWA CELT (including the orientation day).
- An additional processing fee will be charged for a second deferral request after an e-COE has been issued.
- An administration fee of $550 will be charged and deducted from the refund amount listed for all cancellations other than those resulting from a visa refusal or UWA CELT being unable to deliver the course of study as offered.
- If you cancel your enrolment in writing 28 or more days* before the initial course commences, you will receive a full refund of tuition fees.
- If you cancel your enrolment in writing between 27 and 14 days* before the course commences, 90% of your tuition fees will be refunded.
- If you cancel your enrolment in writing less than 14 days* before the course commences, 70% of your tuition fees will be refunded.
*Deferment of a course does NOT extend the refund qualifying period beyond the original enrolment commencement date.
- No refund will be given for the processing fee.
- No refund will be given if your studies are discontinued as a result of unsatisfactory conduct, including non-attendance.
- No refund will be given if your visa was refused on the basis that you provided fraudulent documents or false information to the Department of Home Affairs or UWA CELT.
- No refund will be given once your enrolment has commenced; however, in extenuating circumstances or on compassionate grounds up to 75% of your remaining tuition fees for any un-commenced terms or modules may be refunded (less the $550 administration fee – see above). The management of UWA CELT reserves the right to assess the seriousness of each case and refunds remain at the discretion of UWA CELT Management. Applications for refunds must be made in writing at least one week prior to the commencement of the next term or module to the Centre Manager and should include supporting documents.
- The following reasons are suitable grounds to apply for a full refund of tuition fees paid:
- If your visa application is refused, all your tuition fees will be refunded. You must notify UWA CELT in writing within seven days of your visa being refused by the Australian Immigration authorities and enclose a copy of the Letter of Refusal, or
- An offer is withdrawn or an enrolment terminated because the course is cancelled or for some reason the University is unable to provide the course of study.
The following reasons are suitable grounds to apply for a full refund of tuition fees paid: (less $550 administration fee)
- You are unable to fulfil the conditions of a UWA CELT offer (other than refusal of visa application)
- You fail to meet progression rules and are not permitted to re-enrol
Normal processing time for refunds will be two - four weeks and bank charges, processing, airport transfer, accommodation placement and the administration fee will be deducted where appropriate/applicable.
- Fee transfer does not apply if you have not commenced your study at UWA CELT.
- If a transfer to a different UWA CELT course is approved then fees can be reallocated to the new course.
- If you meet the University’s English language requirement before the end of your studies at UWA CELT, you may request a transfer of tuition fees* towards your degree course. *Only tuition fees for terms/modules of study not yet commenced are transferable.
- You must submit your request for a transfer in writing to the Centre Manager at least one week before the start of the course(s) you wish to cancel. Please be aware that there may be visa implications.
- Tuition fees will not be transferred to another institution. If you are studying on a student visa and seek to transfer to another institution within the first six months of your enrolment you must provide written approval from both institutions.
- All applications for transfer are subject to satisfactory attendance.
- Students may only defer complete terms within their course, if permitted by the conditions of their visa. Applications for deferment must be submitted in writing to the Centre Manager and should include supporting documents.
- Students returning to complete deferred terms must do so within 12 months of the deferment.
- Failure to do so will result in your course cancellation and no refund will be given.
If a student defaults on payment of tuition or other related fees by the specified due date, UWA CELT has the right to cancel the student’s enrolment and may report the student default to the Department of Home Affairs at the conclusion of an internal appeal process. This may lead to the cancellation of the student’s electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE).
Airport Transfer, Accommodation Fees and Refund Policy
- Four weeks homestay fee and the placement fee are payable to UWA CELT in advance.
- After this four-week period, all homestay fees are paid directly to the host family. Direct payments to host families are made fortnightly in advance.
- Two weeks' notice or two weeks payment is required before moving out of the home.
- A 50% placement fee is payable if a change of homestay is required because incorrect dates have been given on the homestay application form.
- If the homestay is cancelled after a placement has been confirmed, 50% of the placement fee will be forfeited.
- If cancellation occurs two weeks or less before arrival, the full placement fee and one week’s homestay fee will be forfeited.
- A late placement fee of $325 will be incurred for homestay applications submitted with less than two weeks' notice of arrival.