Further Information

2023 dates and fees

Medical health insurance

It is an Australian Government visa regulation that all student visa holders pay and be registered for Overseas Student Health Cover for the time allowed on their student visa.

This is a specially negotiated premium only available to international students and covers standard health requirements.

Policies and procedures

Please refer to the Current Students section of our website for the policies and procedures you need to know about when studying at the Centre.

You need a visa to study in Australia, to apply for a course and to apply to be registered for Overseas Student Health Cover.

Choosing a visa

You can study full-time or part-time for up to 12 weeks if you have a visitor visa or up to 17 weeks on a working holiday visa. If you want to study for longer, you must study full-time on a student visa. Please visit the Department of Home Affairs website for the most current and complete information about visa requirements and inclusions.

Using an education agent

If you would like one of our education agents to help you, please search our database below to find your nearest UWA CELT approved agent. In addition any of the University's authorised agents can also help you with applying to study at UWA CELT and have the ability to assist with packaged course offers.

How to apply for a course at UWA CELT

  • Complete all sections of the application form including the personal details, study plan, visa information and Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
  • If you need accommodation, airport reception and transfer, please complete the relevant sections of the form
  • Please read the terms and conditions of enrolment before completing and signing the form
  • Once completed and signed, the application can be sent to UWA CELT
  • Upon receiving your application CELT will send a letter of offer giving instructions for your chosen method of payment

Accepting your offer (Bridging Course students)

  • You will accept your offer through the UWA Dashboard
  • Through this portal you will complete your acceptance of offer and refund policy, and will need to upload a copy of the personal details page of your passport
  • You will also pay for your course through this portal, either by credit card or telegraphic transfer
  • After you have completed your acceptance through the UWA Dashboard, you will receive an email confirming your offer acceptance
  • You will receive a separate email with your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)

Accepting your offer (Language and Communication Essentials, English for Academic Purposes and IELTS course students)

  • After receiving your offer letter, you can pay for your course by bank draft, cheque, credit card or telegraphic transfer
  • UWA CELT will send you orientation information and a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE), if you are applying for a student visa, when we receive full payment for your course
  • If you are not enrolling through an education agent, take the electronic Confirmation of Enrolment and other documents required to your nearest Australian Embassy or Consulate

To send your application or for more information

The contact details for the UWA Centre for English Language Teaching are:

Physical AddressCentre for English Language Teaching
The University of Western Australia
Corner Princess & Bay Roads
Claremont, Perth
Western Australia 6010
PostalM429, LB 5005, Perth, WA 6001, Australia
Telephone(+61 8) 6488 3539
Fax(+61 8) 6488 1077
Email[email protected]
LocationUWA Map

Back to top