Further Information

Student Services

The UWA Student Guild provides many benefits to members including a variety of discounts both on campus and throughout Perth.

The Centre strongly encourages students to purchase UWA Student Guild membership, please ask for details on arrival.

Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

Further information about OSHC can be found on the UWA Future Students website.

Overseas Visitors Health Cover (OVHC)

UWA CELT recommends that all students arriving on a Tourist or Working Holiday visa arrange their own health insurance prior to travel. Students can look at arranging OVHC through Medibank.

Fees for UWA CELT courses, enrolments, course texts and Overseas Student Health Cover.

  1. 2023 UWA CELT course fees
  2. Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

2023 Course fees


Total tuition per module/term AUD$

Enrolment fee AUD$ (non-refundable)

Course texts AUD$ (mandatory)

Bridging Course
10 weeks
20 weeks

ELICOS Courses:

  • Language and Communication Essentials
  • English for Academic Purposes 
  • Examination Preparation Course (IELTS*)

5 weeks (one term)


If you are enrolled in any of these courses you will need to purchase the required books; approximately AUD $100 per term. Further details will be on your letter of offer.
Back to top

2022 Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) fees

OSHC is mandatory for all student visa holders and must be for the whole period of the student visa. UWA CELT is happy to arrange health cover through our partnership with Medibank, which offers the following types of cover. Please note the fees below are for 2022 cover; 2023 fees will be released early in the new year.

Enrolment periodSingle*Couple/Single Parent^~Family (Multi)#
5 weeks$107.20$402$641.20
10 weeks$214.30$804$1,282.30
15 weeks$267.90$1005$1,602.90
20 weeks$321.50$1,206$1,923.50
25 weeks$428.65$1,608$2,564.25
30 weeks$482.20$1,809$2,885.20
35 weeks$535.80$2,010$3,205.80
40 weeks$589.40$2,211$3,526.40
45 weeks$700.80$2,611.50$4,154.80

Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Mandatory for Student visa holders

After receiving your application, UWA CELT will calculate the exact period you will require OSHC and include the fees in your letter of offer.

*Single membership covers the student only.

^Couple membership covers the student and their spouse/partner as listed on the student's visa.

~Single Parent membership covers the student and any dependant children as listed on the student's visa.

#Family membership covers the student, their spouse/partner and any dependant children as listed on the student's visa.

Students who would prefer to arrange their own health insurance through an approved provider should visit the Study in Australia website.

Back to top