Medical health insurance
It is an Australian Government visa regulation that all student visa holders pay and be registered for Overseas Student Health Cover for the time allowed on their student visa.
This is a specially negotiated premium only available to international students and covers standard health requirements.
Policies and proceduresPlease refer to the Current Students section of our website for the policies and procedures you need to know about when studying at the Centre.
You need a visa to study in Australia, to apply for a course and to apply to be registered for Overseas Student Health Cover.
Choosing a visa
You can study full-time or part-time for up to 12 weeks if you have a visitor visa or up to 17 weeks on a working holiday visa. If you want to study for longer, you must study full-time on a student visa. Please visit the website for the Department of Immigration and Border Protection for the most current and complete information about visa requirements and inclusions.
Using an education agent
If you would like one of our education agents to help you, please search our database below to find your nearest CELT approved agent. In addition any of the University's authorised agents can also help you with applying to study at CELT and have the ability to assist with packaged course offers.
How to apply for a course at CELT
- Complete all sections of the application form including the personal details, study plan, visa information and Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
- If you need accommodation, airport reception and transfer, please complete the relevant sections of the form
- Please read the terms and conditions of enrolment before completing and signing the form
- Once completed and signed, the application can be sent to UWA CELT
- Upon receiving your application CELT will send a letter of offer giving instructions for your chosen method of payment
Accepting your offer
- After receiving your offer letter, you can pay for your course by bank draft, cheque, credit card or telegraphic transfer
- UWA CELT will send you orientation information and a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE), if you are applying for a student visa, when we receive full payment for your course
- If you are not enrolling through an education agent, take the electronic Confirmation of Enrolment and other documents required to your nearest Australian Embassy or Consulate
To send your application or for more information
The contact details for the UWA Centre for English Language Teaching are:
Centre for English Language Teaching
|Postal||M429, LB 5005, Perth, WA 6001, Australia |
|Telephone||(+61 8) 6488 3539|
|Fax||(+61 8) 6488 1077|